Stephen J. Dann
~ ITPA ~
UK Tax Advisor

Returning to the UK

Click here for Other Pages on this Website

If you have been living overseas and are considering returning you may be entitled to "split year treatment" whereby you are deemed non-resident up to the date of your return, which leaves you free to claim your full personal tax allowance against income arising after the return date.
If you have been overseas for a full five Income Tax years then any assets sold whilst abroad will be free of Capital Gains tax. Otherwise you will be charged to tax on gains made whilst abroad in the year of your return. Any assets held at the time of your return should be considered carefully to establish whether they are "pregnant" with gains which may best be realised before your return.

For advice on returning to the UK please contact me via e-mail below

letterbox picture ~ UK tax advice on leaving the UK